Love spaghetti and meatballs?
Love spaghetti and meatballs? What about spaghetti and veggie balls? A twist on the classic, we used our Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce to create this tasty spaghetti dish. Read our Tomato & Basil Spaghetti & (Veggie) Meatballs recipe here!
- Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil pasta sauce
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- One brown onion, chopped
- One can lentils, drained
- Two carrots, grated
- One zucchini, grated
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 eggs
- Sauté the garlic and onion in oil until softened.
- Add the carrot and zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the lentils, parsley, eggs, and cooked veggies. Add salt and pepper and pulse until combined.
- Place in a bowl and set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes to become firm.
- Create balls from the mixture and lay on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- In a saucepan, empty the contents of the Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil pasta sauce packet and one tin of tomatoes.
- Place baked veggie meatballs into the sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste.
- Cook gluten-free pasta as per pack instructions.
- Serve pasta with Tomato & Basil veggie “meat” balls and sauce on top.
From vegan and vegetarian ideas to keto and gluten-free, find lots of inspiring Celebrate Health recipes ideas to keep the whole family satisfied at dinnertime.