Lasagne with ricotta cheese sauce
8 55 Min (15Mins Preparation / 40 Mins Cooking Time)
The ricotta cheese sauce is rich in protein and lower in fat than a traditional béchamel sauce. Each serve of lasagne contains over half your recommended protein intake.
- 500g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 quantity Healthy Bolognese sauce (see below)
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
1.Combine ricotta egg, milk and 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan in a medium bowl.
2. Spoon 2 cups of Bolognese mixture over base of a 2.5 litre (10-cup) capacity baking dish. Top with lasagne sheets to cover.
3.Spoon over 3 cups of the Bolognese mixture and one-third of the ricotta mixture. Continue layering with another lasagne sheet.
4.Add remaining Bolognese mixture, and half the remaining ricotta mixture and finally top with final lasagne sheet and remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
5.Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION : Per serve 41.2g protein 18.7g fat (9.8g saturated fat) 28.1g carb 5.7g dietary fibre 1918kJ (480 Cals) 862mg sodium
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely diced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g lean beef mince
- 2 x 175g packets Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
1.Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
2.Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add mince.
3.Cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
4.Add Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauces, tomatoes and lentils and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thick.