Grilled Smoky Beef Burger on a Mushroom Bun with Rocket & Smashed Avocado
4 25 Min (15Mins Preparation / 10 Mins Cooking Time)
- 400g beef mince
- 21/2 tbs Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small zucchini, grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 4 large (about 120g each) field mushrooms
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 5mm thick rings
- 4 x 20g slices cheddar cheese
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1 1/2 tbs Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Using clean hands combine mince, smoked paprika, grated zucchini and 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce in a large bowl. Shape into four 2cm-thick patties.
- Heat a large chargrill pan over medium-high heat, brush patties and mushrooms lightly with oil. Cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes each side or until mushrooms are lightly charred and tender. Cook burgers for 4 minutes or until underside is lightly charred. Turn burgers and cook for 2 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cook for a further 2 minutes or until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted. Cook onion rings for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, combine Tomato Sauce and remaining BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
- To serve, top each mushroom with avocado, rocket, sliced tomato, a burger patty and onion rings. Serve drizzled with the sauce.
Tip: You can swap the mushroom buns with gluten free burger buns for a non-keto version.
Nutrition claim: This recipe contains one-fifth of your RDI for dietary fibre and over 3 serves of vegetables, so it’s ideal for those on a Keto diet.
Per serve: 33.6g protein 36.4g fat (12.9g saturated fat) 6.2g carb 5.9g dietary fibre 2104kJ (503 Cals) 416mg sodium
Over the month of November, we’re taking back our year and refocusing our attention where it’s most needed: our health. Our mental, physical and nutritional needs have taken a back seat from time to time in 2020, so we’re taking some time reset and refocus.
Each day this month we’ll be sharing tips on Facebook and Instagram from trained professionals on everything from mental health to exercise and nutrition. We hope you’ll join us on this journey! To help keep you motivated, we’ll be giving away five Celebrate Health prize packs filled with delicious and healthy pantry essentials.
To go in the running, all you need to do is:
a) Share a photo or video on your Instagram permanent feed during November 2020.
b) In the caption explain one way that you’re taking back your year and refocusing on your mental, physical or nutritional health.
c) Tag @celebratehealth in the caption and include the hashtag #TBYY
You could share a new healthy recipe you’ve cooked, a new exercise routine you’re trying or a nutrition tip you’ve taken on board. Be sure to tag @celebratehealth in the caption and use the hashtag #TBYY. Read the full terms and conditions.