Apple, Cabbage and Fennel Salad with Green Mayonnaise
4 15 Min (15Mins Preparation / 0 Mins Cooking Time)
Each serve of this delicious apple, cabbage and fennel salad provides almost two of your recommended five serves of vegetables per day. Try pairing this flavourful crunchy salad with grilled chicken breast, fish or steak for a perfectly balanced meal.
1 large or 2 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 large green apple, cored, cut into thin matchsticks
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
1/3 cup (80g) Celebrate Health Vegan Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
1/2 small savoy cabbage, shredded
1/3 cup (35g) pecan nuts, toasted, chopped
- Combine fennel and apple in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat (see tip). Set aside.
- Process herbs in a small food processor until finely chopped (see tip). Add Celebrate Health Vegan Mayonnaise and process again until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage, half the pecans and dressing to fennel mixture and gently toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with remaining pecans and mint leaves.
Tips & Hints:
- The lemon juice prevents the fennel and apple oxidising and discolouring.
- Alternatively, finely chop herbs and stir through mayonnaise.
Nutrition per serve: 2.9g protein, 18.3g fat (1.3g saturated fat), 9.2g carbs (8.7g sugars), 4.7g dietary fibre, 921.0kJ energy (220.0 Calories), 185.0mg sodium