One-Pan Chicken with Eggplant, Mozzarella & Tomato Basil Sauce
4 30 Min (10Mins Preparation / 20 Mins Cooking Time)
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 8 x 1cm-thick rounds
- 4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175g Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 100g fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbs lightly toasted pine nuts
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook eggplant slices in two batches for 2 minutes each side or until golden, adding another 1 tbsp oil for the second batch. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return same pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining oil and chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add tomatoes to pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce to pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat grill on high. Return chicken to pan. Top each piece of chicken with 2 eggplant slices and some cheese. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then place under preheated grill until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Scatter with the toasted pine nuts and serve topped with basil leaves and a mixed salad.
Nutrition claim: Each serve of this recipe contains 2 serves of protein, so it’s perfect for those on a high protein diet.
Per serve: 32.6g protein 31.8g fat (9.5g saturated fat) 7.6g carb 2.4g dietary fibre 1883kJ (450 Cals)