- 500g dried high fibre pasta of your choice
- ½ quantity Healthy Bolognese recipe (see below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra basil leaves, to serve
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, place Bolognese sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in basil.
- Toss hot pasta with the sauce. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and extra basil leaves.
Nutrition claim: Per serve 46.3g protein 11.5g fat (4.1g saturated fat) 98.5g carb 13.1g dietary fibre 3009kJ (720 Cals) 701mg sodium
Per serve: Tag: high protein, high fibre, low fat
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely diced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g lean beef mince
- 2 x 175g packets Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add mince.
- Cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add Celebrate Health Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauces, tomatoes and lentils and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thick.
This Bolognese sauce is suitable to freeze. Place sauce in airtight containers, cover and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, defrost portions overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.