Quinoa Pilaf with Broccoli, Black beans, Corn & Herbs
4 35 Min (15Mins Preparation / 20 Mins Cooking Time)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 500ml packet of Celebrate Health Stock
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 large corn cob, kernels removed
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbs pepitas
- Fresh herbs and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and chilli and cook stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add quinoa and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the stock has almost evaporated. Add broccoli, corn and black beans and stir to combine. Cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the stock has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, to steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Top with pepitas, herbs and sliced chilli and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition claim: Just one serve of this high-protein recipe contains over 50% of your RDI for dietary fibre and just under half you RDI for protein.
Per serve: 21.6g protein 13.2g fat (3g saturated fat) 45.9g carb 16.8g dietary
fibre 1707kJ (408 Cals)