Spicy Fried Cauliflower Bites with Chilli Mayonnaise
4 40 Min (30Mins Preparation / 10 Mins Cooking Time)
- 100g (¾ cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ cauliflower (about 400g), trimmed, cut into florets
- Rice bran oil, to fry
- 60g (1/4 cup) Celebrate Health Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Dill, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine flour and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually whisk in 185ml (3/4 cup) water until a smooth thick batter forms. Season with pepper. Cover and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower florets in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Drain. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to batter and stir until evenly coated. Place enough oil in a medium deep frying pan to reach 5cm up the sides of the pan and heat over high heat. Working in 2-3 batches, remove cauliflower from batter, allowing excess to drip off, and cook in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, add the Vegan Mayonnaise to a small bowl and swirl through the Sweet Chilli Sauce. Sprinkle cauliflower with dill and serve with the sweet chilli mayonnaise and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition claim: These cauliflower bites provide 1.5 serves of vegetables per serve.
Per serve: 4.8g protein 27.9g fat (2.8g saturated fat) 20.7g carb 3.7g dietary fibre 1499kJ (359 Cals) 207mg sodium