Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach, Chickpeas & Currants
4 75 Min (15Mins Preparation / 60 Mins Cooking Time)
- 4 small (about 200-250g each) sweet potatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp thinly sliced lemon zest, plus extra to serve
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbs craisins
- 200g Celebrate Health Vegan Gravy, warmed to serve
Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place sweet potatoes on one of the prepared trays and bake for 50-55 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, or until potatoes are tender. Set potatoes aside to cool for 5 minutes. Place chickpeas on second prepared tray, lightly spray with oil and scatter over the smoked paprika. Roast chickpeas for last 18 minutes of cooking the potatoes until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 6-7 minutes or until light golden. Add vinegar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until caramelised. Add garlic and zest and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach is just wilted. Stir through craisins and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a long cut along the top of each potato. Gently separate sides and use a fork to lightly mash flesh. Spoon one quarter of the filling into each potato. Top with crispy chickpeas, then drizzle with the Celebrate Health Vegan Gravy. Scatter with coriander before serving.
Nutrition claim: Chickpeas are a valuable source of plant protein, making this recipe ideal for vegans. One serve of this recipe also contains over 4 serves of your daily target of 5 serves of vegetables.
Per serve: 10.5g protein 8.1g fat (1.4g saturated fat) 52.8g carb 13.0g dietary fibre 1454kJ (348 Cals)