Sweet & Sour pork
4 30 Min (15Mins Preparation / 15 Mins Cooking Time)
This sweet and sour pork has had a healthy makeover, containing 3 serves of vegetables per serve, over one-quarter of your daily dietary fibre needs and being lower in added sugars.
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (see tip)
- Salt and pepper
- 500g lean pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 225g can pineapple pieces in juice, drained and reserve
- 2 tablespoon Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into strips
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
1.Place cornflour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Add pork and toss to evenly coat.
2.Combine the drained pineapple juice, Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
3.Heat half the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry pork, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
4.Heat remaining oil in same wok. Stir-fry onion and carrot for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and snow peas and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Return pork to wok along with pineapple pieces and reserved sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with fresh coriander.
Nutrition claim: This healthy stir fry is not only delicious but is Low in calories, high in protein and high in fibre
Per serve: 36.9g protein 7.6g fat (1.5g saturated fat) 47.9g carb 7.8g dietary fibre 1781kJ (426 Cals) 321mg sodium
Cook’s tip: For a gluten-free version of this recipe ensure you use gluten-free corn flour and soy sauce.