Veggie Packed BBQ meatloaf
4 45 Min (30Mins Preparation / 15 Mins Cooking Time)
Each serve of meatloaf contains almost 1½ serves protein, so perfect for those following a high protein diet. The addition of grated vegetables also adds a serve of vegetables per serve. Serve meatloaf with steamed greens or a large mixed salad for a balanced meal.
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 100g peeled pumpkin, finely grated
- 500g extra-lean pork & veal mince
- 4 long green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (30g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80g) Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 10cm x 18cm loaf tin with oil and line 2 long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- 2. Squeeze excess moisture from grated vegetables and place in a large bowl. Add mince, green onions, breadcrumbs, egg and 1 tablespoon Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Press mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through when tested with a skewer. Remove and drain excess juices from pan.
- Carefully turn meatloaf, top side up onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Combine remaining Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce and tomato paste. Brush the sauce over meatloaf. Bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve, topped with chopped parsley and extra Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce.
NUTRITION & NOTES:
Per serve 30.6g protein 9.4g fat (3.4g saturated fat) 9.8g carb 2.3g dietary fibre 1052kJ (252 Cals) 305mg sodium
This meatloaf is suitable to freeze. Wrap individual portions of cooked meatloaf in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, defrost portions overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or wrap in foil and heat in a 180°C oven.