Sugar Free Baked Beans Recipe
Remember the delicious Celebrate Health Baked Beans? They were the first to grace the shelves with no added sugar! Even though they bid us adieu a few years ago you can still enjoy no-added-sugar baked beans if you have some of our condiments on hand. With our trusty Tomato Sauce, BBQ sauce and our new Sriracha (if you are so inclined), it’s like a tasty trip down memory lane.
Our tasty Sugar Free Baked Beans recipe brings you the classic baked bean flavours you adore without the added sugar. Pair it with wholemeal or multigrain bread and some fresh avocado for a breakfast that will really hit the spot!
Baked Beans (No-Added-Sugar Version)
- 2 cans (400g each) of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce (No Added Sugar)
- 2 tbsp Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce (No Added Sugar)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon Celebrate Health Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, for preferred consistency
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, place the cannellini beans and the sauce.
- Stir until combined and warmed through. Add a little water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Add sriracha for a little heat if desired
- Served on freshly toasted bread and enjoy!